Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Throwing it all away!

To the tune of Genesis: Throwing it all away, it's time for:




 

What are the Top 3 things you should have thrown away... like, yesterday?


3. Old TV's: Last year at tax time (has it really been that long?), we bought a 32" plasma TV for our bedroom and a 42" plasma TV for downstairs.  When we shut down our shop, we brought in 1 42" TV and 1 52" plasma TV, and 1 52" DLP.  But, I still have those old CRT tubes ... because ... because ... just in case ... yeah.

2. Computer Carcasses: I think I have the carcass of every computer I've owned for 10 years or more in my garage.  Some I've tried to give away AND THEY CAME BACK!  I just need to drop kick them into a trailer and take them to be recycled!  But I can never bring myself to actually DO that ...
 
1. My Old Washer/Dryer: We just spent a fortune on new machines, and I'll freely admit that I said NOT to take them away ... but why?  I don't know.  Nostalgia?  Don't think so.  I have a friend that wants the washer, leaks and all.  I kept thinking maybe I'd keep the dryer ... but I know better.  I really need to just get rid of it!

        aka: goofdad

2 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I am very jealous of your great plasma TVs... and I know my DH would agree! He's been pestering me for a new TV for a while now!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Ray Colon said...

Hi Doug, I neglected to grab your feed the last time I was here. Silly me. I've got it now. I hadn't realized that to posted so regularly until I saw the dates in my reader. :)

I'm happy to say that I have only a few things that I should have "thrown out yesterday" cluttering my house. I couldn't say that a few months back when my garage was packed with stuff.

One day, I was on Craig's List and I placed an ad on a whim titled, "Scrap Metal". I listed the broken washer, dryer, freezer, snow blower, etc. I had lots of stuff.

It takes about 15 minutes for the ad to show up. At the 15 minute mark, I received the first call. Two more callers left messages while I was on the phone. The guy who got through first was excited and he drove about 40 miles to my home, loaded the truck, and drove away a happy man. I was delighted. Ray