Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

First Day of the Rest of My Life ...

So ... started at Yahoo! today.  You know, you forget pretty quick how much every first day is the same.  The same boring paperwork.  The same administrative snafu's ...

But I got through it.

Drove for over an hour ... everyone on the team expressed how crazy I was!  All I could think was how lucky I was that it was SHORTER than the commute I've been driving for the last 6 months.  Drove right past both colleges I attended (Berkeley and Chabot) ... made the drive more than a bit nostalgic, but not so much that I stopped :-)

Filled out my I9, W4, and a bunch of other papers, went to lunch with the team, came back to fix machine hassles ...

Typical first day.

Then, after an hour drive home, Adam and I grabbed food to go and sat down just the two of us to watch a movie.  I don't get to do that NEARLY often enough!

It was the perfect end to the perfect day.

It's been a while since I smiled about going to work, but I can honestly say I'm looking forward to it ... commute and all.  I survived to get here, and now I insist on enjoying it!

Yahoo!

        aka: goofdad

5 comments:

noelle said...

Congrats on a successful first day! We used to live not far from Chabot College! How crazy is that?

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. Will u go down there in July? Are there bagels? decent coffee( read Peets?) Scouts is tonite, and your son has just arrived for the grandpa bonding experience. Concert tonite, but I don't know who's going. I'm starting to get nervous over the wedding cake & I have no team! RATS!

terry said...

Love title of your post. Resinates with me. So, you are in my neck of the woods. Funny, I was thinking about you today and then you appeared on my website.

I was wondering what it felt like to me part of the mommysphere?

So what's the job? Sounds great. If you need anything while in Calif. I'm around the corner.

Emily said...

I love first days on the job. Always so exciting and new. And Yahoo is a great place to be. They are lucky to have you! I have been admiring Carol Bartz from afar. I like her attitude.

Kelly Miller said...

I have always hated first days (because I'm shy, introverted, insecure, etc), but I think when you enter a workplace knowing that you've kicked ass to get there, the first day can be really fantastic.

Glad you enjoyed yours!