Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The best part of going to CA

Next week, I start my new job at Yahoo!  I'm going to be staying at my Mother In Law's house in Richmond while training at the Santa Clara and Sunnyvale campuses over the next two weeks.  I was going to fly down, but plans have changed, and I'm driving down with Adam.  I'm going to be doing lots of things while down there ... visiting family, hanging out with friends.

So ... what is the "Best Part" ... what's the best part of driving to CA?


  
OK...actually, the visiting with friends & family is the best part.

Starting a new job that's going to allow me to get back to working from home is a damn good part, too.


But I'm definitely going to stop by BevMo!  It's so much cheaper, and with a much better selection, than any store near me in OR.  I'm totally planning on driving out of the Bay Area with several hundred dollars worth of Scotch & Tequila ... I'm down to the dregs around here, and I'm totally feeling it!


I couldn't survive much longer ;-)

        aka: goofdad


PS: I'm going to be in the SF Bay Area for two weeks ... If any of my readers down south want to get together for dinner / beers / whatever, let me know.

4 comments:

Kelly Miller said...

As a Southerner, I am completely lost! Hope you have a great time, though.

Emily said...

Oh man!!! So I was supposed to be in San Francisco Tues- Thursday of this week. But a crisis in Washington (I know, redundant) is keeping me back East. Bummer - how fun would it be to meet in person. Yahoo is a great company and I am thrilled that you are working fo rthem. I work from home and it has been a blessing (most of the time). The only problem is I can never leave the office!

jennifer said...

Yeehaw for Yahoo! Well done, how exciting!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job! What a great thing to have a position that will allow you to work from home. I hope you enjoy your training trip. Sounds like you've got some fun plans lined up! ;)